Sunday 18 September 2011

Autumn Winter 2011 Catwalks - Boy Style

Hello Beauties, 
For sharp ideas on tailoring, designers borrowed from he boys. Dressy menswear- tuxedos, cummerbunds, silk ties and overcoats- is a neat option for evening, but the most sensuous looks added a feminine spin by teaming with a desirably silk shirt or sparkly trousers and heels.


Once again I'm just going to show you some of my favourite pieces from the 2011 catwalks. Enjoy and comment with which looks you liked!



Think Masculine suiting, tweed, a classic white shirt, brogues, a trilby hat...   








Tibi                                                                                This outfit is probably one of the more feminine outfits in the 'menswear' category, as it has a beautifully, girly, frilly top matched with a gorgeously defining white jacket. The trousers look fabulous too as they, like the jacket, define your leg, in the same way the black collar defines the white jacket; the white and black of the jacket is such a contrast, it makes the white look even whiter!




Stella McCartney
This piece of Stella McCartney's is quite plain, but with a simple charm.



"This season we made the collection more masculine in some places and more feminine in others, playing around with silhouette, layering and movement"
Stella McCartney 









Chanel-
Chanel has gone for darker shades, like these greys, with no contrasting white like the previous 2 image. But Chanel has once again stunned me with just how beautiful the designs are. 


Coco Chanel loved a girl in boy's clothes- and her brand of chic subversion is everywhere this season.




Paul Smith-
This coat is a kind of coat that you would see on a man walking to work or through town in winter etc. It does look like a man's coat, actually I think my Granddad has a coat like this, but Paul Smith has changed it so it looks like the perfect winter accessory. 


"I was listening to a lot of Patti Smith when I was working on the collection, so that definitely had an impact on what I sent down the catwalk. I love her boyish look."
Paul Smith



DKNY-
Just had to do 2 pictures for DKNY!  Both the outfits are gorgeous!
1st picture-
The leather just looks so nice and luxurious with the gorgeous cream coat and I love the contrasting colours.
2nd picture- 
This outfit is also amazing! I love the shoes because of the two-tone on them, as I said before I love contrasting colours, and they just go so well with the jacket (which I also adore)




Moschino-
This coat is one of the more feminine pieces of the outfit, I also think that this ensemble crosses over into the 'Fetish' look too, just because of the hat.


"The pieces most representative of this collection were snatched from men's wardrobes, but the exacting style and rigid line of tailcoats, tuxedos and riding jackets has been toned down with precious fabrics and decoration" 

Rosella Jardini, Moschino


So, I hope you like the post, I would love to hear what your favourite 'boy style' pieces from the a/w 2011 catwalks were and comment with ideas for more posts or videos. 


BTW!! please check out my YouTube channel where I do videos related to my posts.
So if you want to watch the 'Boy Style' video that I've made follow this link- http://www.youtube.com/user/elegantangelx?feature=mhee
Btw my YouTube channel is called 'Wearable Art' and my username is 'elegantangelx'




Thanks for reading!
Love Amelia x

No comments:

Post a Comment